We’re looking for an eagle-eyed Poetry Editor with a passion for building compassionate, intersectional spaces. If that sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you—and please, don’t self-reject. Our all-volunteer team is eager to welcome you.
Here’s what our Poetry Editor’s day to day would look like:
- Read all Poetry submissions recommended by our First Readers
- Curate a Poetry longlist for each issue, and select final pieces in a final submissions meeting with the Editor in Chief
- Edit all Poetry contributions for each issue (2-4 pieces) and build friendly, respectful relationships with all contributors
- If possible, attend & support Augur events
- Contribute to biweekly social media scheduling (content, not strategy!)
Here’s what you should come prepared with:
- A love of dreamy, surreal, and speculative poetry
- Having read and loved the Augur Preview Issue
- A desire to listen and learn from the people you work with
- An editorial eye and process
- (Asset) Some experience curating and editing poetry for magazines/journals
Preference will be given to intersectional applicants. All applicants must be living in or previously from Canada/Turtle Island.
There are four simple steps to apply:
- Download and fill out this application
- Download and edit this poetry piece, including any line edits and a short editor’s note
- Attach samples of your poetry (if applicable) to your email
- Send the application, poetry edit, and poetry samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8, 2017, with the title, “APPLICATION: Poetry Editor”
Thanks so much for wanting to join the team—we’re looking forward to reading your application!